In much the same way that you focus on what foods you eat and how much exercise you get in order to keep your body healthy, remaining attentive to the status of your family relationships is vital to fostering healthy family life. If managing your family dynamic is something that you need assistance with, the expert therapists at Horizon Counselling in Plymouth are here to help. Family counselling can address a variety of concerns in order to foster inter-relational wellbeing and peace within the family unit.
Why is family counselling important?
Even if you feel that your family is not experiencing any issues, there are a myriad of benefits that can be gained by exploring your family relationships and dynamics under the guidance of a Horizon counsellor. Some of these benefits include:
- Improved communication: Communication is key to resolving issues and overcoming barriers within the family dynamic. Impaired communication is one of the most common causes of tension or unhappiness and is frequently addressed within therapy sessions at Horizon.
- Adapting to change: Changes within a family of any type—be it a long-distance move or a divorce—require the family unit to adapt as one. Unfortunately, this is an incredibly difficult process, and an expert Horizon therapist can help to guide and facilitate relationships around this transition.
- Individual understanding: If a member of the family is feeling undervalued, overworked, or misunderstood, the entire dynamic can be overthrown. We can get to the bottom of these issues and help the entire unit learn to value the efforts of the other members with intention.
- Sibling relationships: Getting along with siblings is tough, and some good-natured fights are bound to ensue! However, if siblings rarely get along, this can place a strain on the entire family. A licensed counsellor can help to repair these relationships and foster peace and wellness within the home again.
- Parenting: Being a parent, whether a single parent or joint team, is no easy feat, and many people rely on an outside support system to help them through. The family therapists at Horizon are here to guide you during the vital times in your child’s life and provide the assistance that you need to be able to be a rock for your children.
Although these are just a few of the ways that the family counsellors in Plymouth at Horizon can assist, the most important thing to remember is that every single family—and every individual within that family—is unique with distinctive needs that will affect the course of therapy. At Horizon Counselling, we pride ourselves on our ability to uniquely approach each family dynamic to get to the bottom of what is causing tension or issues and work together to create a collaborative solution. But don’t just take it from us, take a look at some of the glowing testimonials from some of the clients who have benefitted from sessions at our Horizon Plymouth office:
Kate K: “I do not know how my son or I would have coped with secondary school & life generally without Alan. The counselling & support he gave to us was beyond amazing and we cannot recommend him highly enough”
Tony D: “I would like to thank Alan and his team for their continual support with helping both myself and my son. Even though my son is now in New Zealand Alan was more than happy to arrange a meeting around the time difference to make sure he reached out [to] my son. Alan is a complete rock to us both when we have a blip in our lives we know we can reach out for support…”
Don’t wait until new issues emerge or existing problems worsen to seek help—the licensed therapists at Horizon are ready to provide the support and guidance that your family needs. If you think that you or your family could benefit from family counselling in Plymouth with Horizon Counselling, reach out to us today to schedule your first appointment.