Why are the suicide rates higher in males?
What are the warning signs of suicide?
- Withdrawal from social supports and family members
- Threatening, joking, or talking about hurting or killing themselves
- Sudden mood swings such as extreme bouts of anger that are uncharacteristic
- Drug or alcohol abuse
- Expressing that they feel hopeless about life, or don’t see a way out of their current
- Appear to be planning or getting affairs in order, including stockpiling equipment/pills
- and giving away prized possessions
- Sleeping too much or not at all
- Disinterested in personal hygiene or appearances